We provide housing and ongoing support to vulnerable people.
All our clients were either homeless or in poor quality accommodation; a high risk of re-offending. We help find quality private rented homes and provide tailored support to individual needs:
- Housing advice – We understand the rules. We provide our service users with consistent advice on local authority housing law and their entitlements.
- Benefits assistance – We help with administration, complete housing application and benefit forms and access rent in advance. We help with crisis loans and discretionary grants.
- Attend application meetings – Interviews for benefits can be daunting and sometimes advice was inconsistent. We jointly attend these interviews so we know they get the right support.
- Sign-posting to other support groups - We have built up a wide-ranging network of organisations that can provide additional help. We take time to understand what each of our users need and this goes well beyond housing. We use our knowledge, experience and network to help put together a tailored support package.
- On-going support– We know from our experience that users need on-going support if they are to make a successful re-integration back into society. We work with our key stakeholders (eg probation) to work with each individual for as long as they need and want.