We have housed over 550 people and our re-offending rate is between 10-15%
To date, Vision Housing has housed and supported over 550 people. We have an extremely low re-offending rate because we work hard to help turn people's lives around. The profile of our client is male (80%), white British (45%) and young (mid-twenties) and persistent, prolific offenders.
Most are homeless, living on the streets or in short-term (e.g. hostel) accommodation. Without Vision, our clients would be released back into their offending area without a place to stay.
What we do is very simple:
- We re-locate them away from where they offend.
- We provide them with good quality accommodation.
- We can house on the day of release.
- We provide advice on benefits, and signpost them to training, education and employment.
- We help with addiction and mental health problems, and we support them for as long as the want or needs us.
- We also provide opportunities for clients to volunteer [link] with us and to help others.
- We offer NVQ training in advice and guidance with other organisations and a number have gone on to become full time employees.
A service user also sits on our board of trustees. We have helped out a large number of people who previously had low self-esteem.